Monday, January 12, 2009

Coffee

This morning I was making coffee at work and the smell of the fresh ground coffee {ok, so maybe it was a big industrial can on pre-ground coffee} made me almost pass out with excitement. That smell takes me right back to the streets of Ethiopia. If the breeze blew right, you could smell the fresh picked coffee berries being roasted on an open fire. I miss waking up to that. Now if the breeze blew wrong...well, Ethiopia has a whole range of rather unpleasant scents as well...but I won't go into that. I could have sat right there on the kitchen floor and breathed it in all day long. But instead of doing that, I am working- and trying to hid the fact that I am almost uncontainably excited about the fact next monday I will not be sitting at my desk, but getting ready to fly half way across the world....back to the smell of fresh roasted coffee.

No comments: